3C Beef Bacon Recipe
Smoked Beef Bacon
- 1X 3C Beef Navel 8-10lb
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons pepper
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoon Prague’s Premium #1 pink curing salt
- Combine all the ingredients and rub mix on the the beef belly. Make sue you cover all sides.
- Place your 3C Beef Navel into a plastic container or a large zip lock bag. Place in refrigerator for 5 days and let it cure. Message it once a day to make sure cure is even on navel.
- After cure is complete, remove your 3C Beef Navel from fridge and rinse all rub mix from navel under cold water. Pat dry and place navel on a drying rack inside a large pan. Place back in fridge uncovered to dry overnight.
- SMOKE YOUR BEEF NAVEL: Heat your smoker up to 200-215f. Place you 3C Beef Navel into your smoker and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 150f.
- Remove your beef navel and let cool before slicing. It is best to return it to the fridge overnight for easy slicing.
- COOKING YOUR BEEF NAVEL: Thinly slice your beef bacon and cook in skillet or griddle on medium heat until crisp. Thin slices work best for beef bacon.